Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We need people to upload files for us! Please consider contributing to ShadyWarez
  3. Before you post any warez / download please read the following thread

Click this link to read the thread

4. Guess what? Our beloved Pirate King redbl0odx has created a guide for all the future and current pirates. Check it out here
  5. Use the like button, use it every time you get an answer to your question, even if it isn't the one that you like. People spend their time to provide you with an answer so give them something in return, and like their post!

PC Smart Steam [Cracked Steam][NOT WORKING ATM]

Discussion in 'Software' started by redbl0odx, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redbl0odx

Redbl0odx The Pirate Admin Staff Member VIP

SmartSteam will show you all of the games, and tools available on steam and it can be used to host cracked servers! So some cracked steam games can use smart steam as a way to play online, or host LAN matches between friends on hamachi, or tunngle.

This will allow you to download SOME games off steam for free. I cannot think of the games it will allow you to download, but they are mainly small games like popcap games, zombie driver, Lumines...torchlight. Completely free, and no crack is needed.

You will need steam installed for this, and you copy the contents of this download into your steam folder. Open "SmartSteam" And i recommend logging into a "fake" steam account, and not your legit one. When you go to Library, you will see every single game, and tool that you can get on steam!

Don't worry, this does not overwrite anything, and runs completely seperate of steam! So if you do not want to run SmartSteam with your real steam account, just open up the normal steam client and log in, and it will be back to normal.

Right now I am using smartsteam to host co-op games for Dead Island! which I have also posted here. If anybody wants to join me. Feel free :p ( You will need hamachi..there is no getting around that.)

Download
    Please login or register to view this link.

[WARNING AS OF 9/23/2011 THIS DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE, VALVE PATCHED IT SO IT WONT WORK, I WILL UPDATE THIS WHEN A NEW VERSION COMES OUT.]
    'Like' this as thanks if you download this here!
  2. Oblivious

Oblivious Quartermaster

You should add basic keywords like "Free SmartSteam Download" since people that are looking for download of "SmartSteam" will be looking for words like "Free" and "download"

something that says "SmartSteam" might as well just be a discussion about that software.

I am talking about people coming from different links, not searching through the forums.
  3. Redbl0odx

I would change the thread title, but i don't think being a mod gives me that power, LOL.

Also this is a free-program anyways. Im just spreading it here.
  4. ageofmyth2

ageofmyth2 The living legend, and husband of the Cookie

Well, it used to. you should check. Click edit, then go to Advanced, then check the top. @Please login or register to view this link. did you get rid of the ability to change your thread title name?
  5. cyqnusnite

cyqnusnite Retired SG Staff Member

i downloaded, put in steam folder and extracted files in smart steam but library is empty when I open smartsteam application
  6. Redbl0odx

You extracted the files INTO the steam folder? Or did you extract them in there, and SmartSteam is its own directory inside steam?
  7. cyqnusnite

not sure what you mean by directory. I downloaded steam and smart steam. i dragged and dropped the smartsteam rar into the steam folder. I extracted the files that were in smartsteam. i opened the smartsteam app INSIDE the smartsteam folder but there were no apps in steam
  8. Redbl0odx

Extract the contents of the rar file INTO the steam directory. So the Smartsteam.exe is in the same place as the normal steam. If it does not work, then I am not sure what you are doing wrong, because it works fine for me.
  9. cyqnusnite

if i have already moved the smartsteam rar into the steam folder then when I extract its contents they will be extracted into the steam folder.... can anyone verify whether or not this is working for them?
  10. Redbl0odx

@Please login or register to view this link. It should look like this. smart.png

ignore the highlighted SmartSteam folder. That does not show up, or isnt suposed to show up, untill the first time you open up smart steam.

Nothing in the library will change if you run just normal steam. you need to use SmartSteam.exe if you want it to show everything.
  11. cyqnusnite

[​IMG]
    am I missing anything? when i open the smartsteam exe I still get this in the library
    [​IMG]
  12. Redbl0odx

That is weird... o.o This is what I see when i open SmartSteam.exe

Steam.png

Try uninstalling steam. Re-install it. Then loginto the normal steam one time. Then extract smart steam, then try running smartsteam to see if that changes anything.
  13. cyqnusnite

nvm, i figured out what was wrong, i had opened steam before and it kept opening normal steam. thanks
    <BR>--- merged: Sep 10, 2011 at 6:08 PM ---</BR>
    ok, i see the games now but whenever i try to download MW2 or black ops multiplayer it says steam servers are too busy. do i just need to wait or what?
  14. Redbl0odx

Unfortunately, it doesn't allow you to download a lot of the games. If you re-read the first post, it says something like that. This is good for hosting/playing cracked steam games, such as MW2, and some other games, online on cracked servers. There ARE some games that will download and install correctly.
  15. thexshot

thexshot Sea slug

I'm trying to host Dead Island co-op game, I'm running 1.2
    When using SmartSteam, it doesn't let me start deadislandgame.exe trough SmartSteam. It does however, normally start. But when I go to options, and then online, my co-op thingy is greyed out.

Any ideas?

@Please login or register to view this link.
    <BR>--- merged: Sep 11, 2011 at 1:10 PM ---</BR>
    Ok so I installed so called "update 3" with co-op fix and I also deleted my saves, which worked for me.
    9 hours of playing gone but w/e. Didn't like blunt weapons, always used sharp ones:D

Thanks, I can join people now, even without hamachi. Thanks:D:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.